Site news

NEEDED RELIABLE BMTC & METRO 24/7 PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM TO SOLVE “TRAFFIC CONGESTION PROBLEMS” IN BENGALURU RAODS

Picture of System Administrator
NEEDED RELIABLE BMTC & METRO 24/7 PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM TO SOLVE “TRAFFIC CONGESTION PROBLEMS” IN BENGALURU RAODS
by System Administrator - Sunday, 10 September 2017, 4:55 PM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru : The public transport system BMTC and Metro must function 24/7 . With the number of vehicles expected to cross the 1-crore mark by 2022, clogged roads and harried commuters the chaos will only worsen. It is better that Government and private organizations be allowed to function 24/7 which might immediately resolve the traffic congetion problems and also provide additional social infrastructures to cope the situations in Bengaluru.Evolve Technology to solve traffic congestion and implement ruthlessly as in the past nine months more than 4.33 lakhs new cars and two wheelers have been added to the stream of traffic on city's roads and correspondingly government cannot increase the width of Road. Reportedly the number of vehicles registered in Bengaluru has climbed to 70.28 lakh -48.69 lakh two-wheelers and 13.58 lakh four-wheelers. However, the actual number could be higher since out-of-state vehicles and those registered in other Karnataka districts also ply on city roads. According to Census 2011, Bengaluru has a population of 84.43 lakh.Statistics released by the transport department last week shows the number has more than doubled in the past 10 years, with 40.18 lakh new vehicles having been added. Two-wheelers continue to dominate Bengaluru roads, accounting for 70% of its total vehicular popula tion, followed by cars (19%).Bengaluru is home to the second highest number of vehicles in India. New Delhi tops the list with 1.01 crore vehicles. In contrast, Hyderabad accounts for 48.70 lakh vehicles (as on October 31), Chennai for 47.57 lakh (as on April 2016) and Mumbai for 30.69 lakh (as on March 2017).Experts say BMTC's depleting fleet of buses and high fares, poor last-mile connectivity , high parking fee at Metro stations and elusive suburban trains are pushing more and more people to opt for private vehicles. The rising number of vehicles is leading to congestion on roads, bringing down average speed and causing pollution levels to rise.I have asked BMTC PIO provide me information and reasons under section 4(I) RTI Act for not implementing IT solutions with the aid and assistance of Bangalore IT industry to solve the traffic congestion problems..This information and reasons need to be provided to me as per Guide on RTIto Information Act 2005 published by the Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Personnel & Training (available here :http://rti.gov.in/RTICorner/Guideonrti.pdf) on page 12 and Para 9, following is stated: Providing Reasons for Decisions: The public authorities take various administrative and quasi-judicial decisions which affect the interests of certain persons. It is mandatory for the concerned public authority to provide reasons for such decisions to the affected persons. It may be done by using appropriate mode of communication .Attention is also invited towards the thread 'affected person ' under rti act.In fact, it can be said that "Affected" refers back to an action. The"Affected Persons" are the ones who are affected by that action. The reasons need to be given to affected person and copy of that can be given to me under 2 f of RTI Act. The CUKoffice is THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d).