Site news

IT RAIDS: D.K.SHIVAKUMAR HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH DOCUMENTS AND CHALLENGE IT RAIDS IN THE HIGH COURT

Picture of System Administrator
IT RAIDS: D.K.SHIVAKUMAR HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH DOCUMENTS AND CHALLENGE IT RAIDS IN THE HIGH COURT
by System Administrator - Sunday, 6 August 2017, 11:51 PM

By : M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru : Reportedly the nearly 75hour income-tax raids on premises owned by Karnataka's minister D K Shivakumar and his associates ended on Saturday morning. While taxmen are estimating the seizure amount and estimated amount of tax evasion D K ShivaKumar said: "I haven't violated the law. I'll answer all queries with documents. "The income tax department will have to collate the panchanamas recorded at the 60-plus locations and prepare an appraisal report. It will be handed over to the assessment officer who will then determine lapses in declaration of income and the magnitude of evasion. D K Shivakumar will be given an opportunity to present his argument and challenge the raids in the high court if there are any shortcomings on the part of income-tax officials according to I-T department sources .