Site news

SCHOOL DROP OUT TO REALIZE ENTREPRENEURIAL DREAMS AS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE SELF LEARNERS AND LEARNING MACHINES AND SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRES

Picture of System Administrator
SCHOOL DROP OUT TO REALIZE ENTREPRENEURIAL DREAMS AS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE ARE SELF LEARNERS AND LEARNING MACHINES AND SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRES
by System Administrator - Saturday, 29 July 2017, 3:43 PM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru: A new reality show -Dropout Pvt. Ltd.-will help dropouts form a start-up. Dropout Pvt. Ltd. airs every Saturday, starting tonight at 7 pm only on MTV. The number of youngster's pursuing academic courses that don't interest them and continuing with jobs that don't excite them is on the rise. One of the main reasons for this is that they are afraid to drop out and get branded failures.But what if dropping out could mean getting an opportunity to make one's dreams come true? To help those who dropped out from the system to create their own destiny , MTV is launching a unique reality show, Dropout Pvt. Ltd. to make such people's entrepreneurial dreams come true. The show, which will see a start-up formed on television for the first time, will take viewers through the process of identifying and forming an ideal team with dropouts. They will then be groomed by a panel of masters -Sandeep Aggarwal, CEO & Founder of Droom.in, Anisha Singh, CEO & Cofounder Mydala.com, Alok Kejriwal, CEO & Co-founder of Games2Win, along with Raghu Ram and Rajiv Laxman, who have created and co-developed the show with MTV .According to Ferzad Palia, Head, Youth, Music and English Entertainment, Viacom18 as "India is brimming with young untapped energy keen on making ideas come to life. Through Dropout Pvt. Ltd., MTV aim to empower these youngsters to kick-start their entrepreneurial dreams.as "Entrepr eneurship is nothing without risk-taking. It is the real test of one's conviction, confidence and courage, and the ones who take risks ultimately reach their destination. This show will be a great kick-starter for all the risk takers out there.".

A case study: According to press reports Saumya Gupta - From Being A Jobless Pilot To Creating A Rs.12 Crore Clothing Company.28 year old Saumya Gupta had dreamt of flying ever since she was a toddler. She attended her nursery interview with an aeroplane in her hand! After her 12th grade, she went to the U.S of A to do her pilot's training course and returned to India with aspirations of flying with a commercial airline. This was in 2008 when due to recession, many jobs were lost and recruitment in the airline industry was rather slow. The aviation sector was undergoing a slowdown and getting a  job there was a challenge. Saumya shares "I was without a job for almost 15 months. It was a major setback for me mentally as the outside world didn't understand that aviation was undergoing a slowdown and most people believed there was a problem with me as a person or perhaps I was incompetent. My parents were worried as a lot had been invested in my pilot training course & I was still sitting at home”. After staying at home for a year, leading the teenager party life, her parents told Saumya that she had to support herself. Reportedly Saumya says "Where ever I applied, I was rejected as I was not even a graduate since I had done my pilot's training course after 12th grade. I took up a job at Talwalkars Gym as a receptionist for Rs.5000/- but couldn't do it for more than 7 days. I let that go & decided to join a call center where the salary was Rs.20000. I had no other option and was happy that finally I got a decent job”. The call center job wasn't easy & was nowhere close to what Saumya had dreamt of or aspired for. Working at odd hours in the night and sleeping during the day, against the normal body clock, started taking a  toll on her. Saumya says "I was really fed up. I asked my parents if I could get a few garments & sell from home. They immediately agreed & supported my idea. I then bought 30 garments from a garments exporter and set up a small exhibition in my tiny bedroom at home. She then started stocking  few garments in small boutiques across many cities and started selling under the label "Ten on Ten”. Her label became very popular on Facebook and her business idea gathered momentum.  When she found some stability in her business and revenues started flowing in, Saumya quit the call center job after a year and registered her company in 2011.

Be your own boss .Create a startup and be your own boss .Let it be small or big be your own boss .A small seed can become big tree .You have to have passion commitment and good idea good networking skills .A start up need to have a well documented business plan investment strategy and including exit options to angel investors in the start itself aslater problem should noy crop up with founders. You should have good product and it should be in need and it should have better feature than other products. what is not working discontinue it .Scale it as demand grows .Do not ignore Marketing .Growth capital is very important but do not over raise the finance and hire good talent as an when it is required .Do not over pay as it will be very difficult to manage the start up.Time is everything .Be different find right investors and venture capitalists and not vulture capitalists. Raise money intelligently find the right people be sure and flexible .Do not ignore open source technology. Well documented code of conduct is very important for every employee.and directors of the startup.Well defined Information technology is one of the biggest mass employers. Be different startup .Find unsolved problems of customers and solve it, everybody has problems. Many have many problems .Few problems are universal. Few problems are local few are national and few are international .Find unsolved problems. Companies succeed because they solve and understand the unsolved problem and come up with solutions that are very different from what others do. Put yourself in the customer's position; perhaps you would have experienced a pain point yourself. You may not fully understand the difficulty unless you experience it yourself .Develop deep customer insights. Secret of your success is in Passion, determination, vision, agility, team play, fund-raising skills.What exactly defines the DNA of a booming startup? What do some of the biggest names in the investment community look for in startups and entrepreneurs Clarity of vision Domain expertise? What key factors do successful entrepreneurs attribute to their triumph? Need to be understood diligently. IT major Infosys has reportedly increased the salary of its top executives but the base scale for entry-level software engineers has not changed for more than five years. The company started its higher salaries' package to CEO Vishal Sikka who will get Rs 30 crore ($5.08 mn) annual pay package when compared to $23,000 (Rs 14 lakh) taken by his predecessor S D Shibulal.Infosys pays around Rs 23-27,000 for entry-level software engineers with BE and Rs 12-15,000 for entry-level BSc fresher's, according to sources. According to experts, starting salaries offered by other IT companies are in the same range. Information technology is one of the most important mass employers in the country today providing significant valueaddition and employment creation.