Site news

POLICE REGISTER FIR AGAINST RANGAPPA, KRISHNAN BUT COUNCIL HAD RECOMMENDED “CBI PROBE” INTO FRAUDULENT KSOU AND MYSORE UNIVERSITIES

Picture of System Administrator
POLICE REGISTER FIR AGAINST RANGAPPA, KRISHNAN BUT COUNCIL HAD RECOMMENDED “CBI PROBE” INTO FRAUDULENT KSOU AND MYSORE UNIVERSITIES
by System Administrator - Monday, 22 August 2016, 5:00 AM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru: According to press reports Vice Chancellor of University of Mysore (UoM) Prof K S Rangappa, former VC of Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Prof M G Krishnan and five others have been booked by Mysuru city police for alleged irregularities in the KSOU during their tenure .On 20/08/2016 , an FIR was registered against seven people at Jayalakshmipuram police station after KSOU officials lodged a complaint. The decision to file a case against these people was taken following directions from Governor Vajubhai Vala. A few days back, the governor had written to KSOU authorities to file a case against Rangappa, Krishnan, former KSOU Dean T D Devegowda, former KSOU Registrar Prof B S Vishwanath, and KSOU director (IT) Dr Kamlesh, Deputy Registrar Ramanathan and KSOU Registrar P S Naik.The complaint was filed based on the report of an audit for 2012-13 and 2013-14 when computers were purchased by the university in violation of the Karnataka transparency in public procurements act and violation of the MoU signed by the university with an Mumbai-based IT company. Police said that an FIR has been filed under Sections 406, 409 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). Police sources said they would interrogate companies from who computers, accessories and software were purchased by the KSOU.

But Reportedly the privileges committee of the legislative councilrecommended a CBI inquiry into the alleged fraud committed by the Karnataka State Open University and Mysore University in their distance education programmes.Outgoing chairman of the committee, G Madhusudhan, said the committee found MG Krishnan of the KSOU and KS Rangappa of Mysore University guilty of breaching the privilege of the two houses by not getting university ordinances and acts approved by the legislature. The two universities had opened outreach and online centres, apart from collaborating with centres outside Karnataka, without requisite approvals from either the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)."The universities have cheated students by collecting fees for courses which are neither recognized by the UGC nor the AICTE," he said.In the report, the committee recommended probing Mysore University authorities for collecting Rs 26 crores in fees from 15,000 students. As for KSOU, the committee asked the government to return the minimum fees paid by 3.25 lakh students and to allow the CBI to investigate the issue of fraudulent enrolments.The report mentions the "inactiveness" on the part of the higher education depart ment; it singles out additional chief secretary of the depart ment, Bharat Lal Meena, for ignoring the recommendation of governor Vajubhai Vala to lodge a case against the KSOU. Varsity officials have been accused of misusing power with intentions of benefiting certain people, exercising powers beyond their limits, breach of trust, violation of dignity of the varsity, deceiving and cheating, etc.

KSOU must return Lakhs of Rupees to each collaborator thousands of rupees to each study centers as they have collected affronts fees from thembefore agreements signed by them andcrores to lakhs of students as they have failed to give them UGC recognized degrees and they knowingly signed the agreement without statutes approved by legislature and committed fraud on the nation and students study centers and collaborators (except few reportedly which were connived with KSOU to commit fraud ) .Now if KSOU want to terminate this illegal agreements let them return the affront money collected from students and study centre and collaborators . Reportedly IIMS has replied to the notice issued to IIMS by KSOU through their advocate. KSOU have stated through advocate that IIMS have been called upon to give explanation as why the Memorandum of understanding dated 21-04-2012 entered between IIMSandKSOU should not be terminated failing which KSOUwould proceed in the matter in absence of IIMSexplanation /reply terminate the MOU in accordance with law .

IIMS have replied to the advocate of KSOU that "Your client does not know the meaning of law. As per the KSOU Act, 1996, there is no provision for academic collaboration even then it signed the MOU with taking huge money. Without completing the due process, the KSOU approached the Chancellor and got the approval for the four statutes. The university was supposed to place the proposal before the legislature after the chancellor's approval, the process which it has not completed .Hence KSOU entering agreement with collaborators was without any authority of law and fraud inflicted on collaborative institution and students and nation .My answer to your notice is this MOU is signed by KSOU Mysore itself is without any authority of law by taking Rs 6 lakhs from me. I have spent about Rs 20 lakhs to get the printed study material for courses .So KSOU need to refund my money of 26 lakhs with bank interest forth with before terminating this illegal agreement .UGC De-recognition from 2012 is proof of it. The Law department termed the four statutes proposal not legal, valid and justifiable. Further it has stated to KSOU Advocate that "The KSOU HAS caused damage to the reputation of my institution and hence I seek KSOUto tender apology to my institution and pay my institution money of 26 lakhs with bank interest forth with before terminating this illegal agreement or else my institutionwould file a case against KSOU Mysore as per this illegal agreement.My answer to your notice is that my institution reputation is really damaged by KSOU Signing illegal agreement, it was not due to me; my and institution reputation was damaged by KSOU own conduct and unlawful activity which we were not aware of and we came to know of it after UGC De-recognition. It is not me who shouldgive explanation to KSOU but KSOU alone explain and should tender apology to the nation, as IT has allegedly committed fraud against motherland by swindling money of collaborators and cheating the nation and students as perGovernment of Karnataka and UGC and other committees reportand colliding with few big collaborators and running a degree racket instead of doing law full activity. As we were not allowed to function lawfully.”