Site news

SPECIAL LAND ACQUISITION OFFICER KIADB FAILED TO PROVIDE ME DOCUMENTS “UNDER RTI ACT”

Picture of System Administrator
SPECIAL LAND ACQUISITION OFFICER KIADB FAILED TO PROVIDE ME DOCUMENTS “UNDER RTI ACT”
by System Administrator - Thursday, 21 April 2016, 6:17 AM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru: Compensation for non-existent persons? Or even paid to persons for non-existent land? Or giving double compensation? This is a new face of the KIADB scams which has come to light. KIADB is hit by major scams and shameless scams and reportedly farmers are victims and they are openly cheated and Government did nothing about it officoially.. Reportedly many applicants have taken land from KIADB and later sold it to real estate development for huge profit. Best example "The premier Rajajainagar industrial area is drastically reducing and vanishing. State government should bring a white paper how much land was acquiredhow many approved projects take off on the acquired land within a specified timeframe and jobs guaranteed at the time of approval are provided to land losers and people from that particular locality by KIADB, How much land was taken back by KIADB if projects were not implemented despite the expiry of deadline. And how much land was diverted by industrialist for other projects The Government would have to give details on how surplus land would be utilized; what action has been taken to ensure that companies provided jobs as guaranteed by them at the time of securing acquired land; and how land losers are rehabilitated if the intended project is not set up.

No reply received despite I had asked The Public Information Officer and Special Land Acquisition Officer KIADB Nrupatunga Road RUP Building Bangalore -560001 to provide me information and certified copies complete contentsof file Number 1774(p) in respect of Land Acquisition of Harohalli III Phase Industrial area chellure and Rampura villages of 427 Acres including award notifications compensation paid and compensation pending and copies of compensation whether Paid directly to farmers or GPA holders and mode of payment cheque/DD/RTGS as it is suspected that money is not reaching farmers hand directly Also provide complaints received by Land acquisition officer by farmers and objection to payments to GPA holders and in respect of awards and also provide me how much land out 427 is Gomal land and which beneficiary received how much compensation and how much each beneficiary received how much compensationwas paid .

No reply received despite I had asked The Public Information Officer and Special Land Acquisition Officer KIADB Nrupatunga Road RUP Building Bangalore -560001 to provide me information and reasons Under section 4(1) (d) of RTI Act for not complying audit observations made by CAG report in this regard. This information and reasons need to be provided to me as per Guide on RTIto Information Act 2005 published by the Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Personnel & Training (available here :http://rti.gov.in/RTICorner/Guideonrti.pdf) on page 12 and Para 9, following is stated: Providing Reasons for Decisions: The public authorities take various administrative and quasi-judicial decisions which affect the interests of certain persons. It is mandatory for the concerned public authority to provide reasons for such decisions to the affected persons. It may be done by using appropriate mode of communication .Attention is also invited towards the thread 'affected person ' under rti act.In fact, it can be said that "Affected" refers back to an action. The"Affected Persons" are the ones who are affected by that action. The reasons need to be given to affected person and copy of that can be given to me under 2 f of RTI Act.The KIADB is THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d).

I have filed first appeal before appellate authority KIADB. Appellate Authority is requested to directions to The Public Information Officer and Special Land Acquisition Officer KIADB Nrupatunga Road RUP Building Bangalore -560001 to provide me information under section 4(I) (a) (b) (c) (d) RTI Act and copies of the documents requested . I had requested PIO to provide me information and certified copies complete contentsof file Number 1774(p) in respect of Land Acquisition of Harohalli III Phase Industrial area chellure and Rampura villages of 427 Acres including award notifications compensation paid and compensation pending and copies of compensation whether Paid directly to farmers or GPA holders and mode of payment cheque/DD/RTGS as it is suspected that money is not reaching farmers hand directly Also provide complaints received by Land acquisition officer by farmers and objection to payments to GPA holders and in respect of awards and also provide me how much land out 427 is Gomal land and which beneficiary received how much compensation and how much each beneficiary received how much compensationwas paid

The Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Karnataka is one of the oldest institutions set up under the aegis of the Government. Established in the year 1913 under the erstwhile Princely State of Mysore, the Department oversees the Industrial Development in the State. This Department works operates under the Commerce and Industries Department, Government of Karnataka. The Department operates at the State level through the Directorate of Industries and Commerce, at the District level through the network of District Industries Centres, Industrial wing of Zilla panchayath and in coordination with related Boards and Corporations. The Department plays pivotal role in implementation of Schemes and Policies of the State and Union Governments for the promotion of Industrial Development throughout the state.

As a premier industrial area developer, KIADB has also acquired land to cater to specific needs of individual industrial units (single unit complexes). Its primary objective is to acquire land and form industrial areas, and it functions on no-profit-no-loss basis. Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (KIADB) is a wholly owned infrastructure agency of Government of Karnataka, set up under Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Act of 1966.This Board functions as per statutory provisions, rules and regulations enacted there under. The Board comprises of senior government officers in their ex-officio capacities. The Board of members meet regularly to take decisions and monitor the functions. KIADB holds pride in being the first government organisation in Karnataka to obtain ISO 9001 certification in the year 1997. Now the KIADB is following ISO 9001:2000 module covering its functions of Land Acquisition, Development and Allotment functions in Bangalore Urban and Rural districts. Aims and Objectives: Promote rapid and orderly development of industries in the state.Assist in implementation of policies of Government within the purview of KIAD Act.Facilitate in establishing infrastructure projects. Function on "No Profit - No Loss” basis.Functions : Acquire land and form industrial areas in the state. Provide basic infrastructure in the industrial areas.Acquire land for Single Unit Complexes. Acquire land for Government agencies for their schemes and infrastructure projects.

KIADB - As a Premier Industrial Area Developer: KIADB has also acquired lands to cater the specific needs of individual industrial units (Single Unit Complexes). The Board also acquires land for infrastructure projects of the Government. We promote projects of public importance in joint venture with organizations of international repute. The vision of KIADB and world class infrastructure has made investors all over the world take notice of Karnataka as the premier destination for their startups and ventures.Till date, KIADB has formed 148 industrial areas spread all over the State, and acquired land for nearly 400 Single Unit Complexes ensuring balanced industrial development in all regions with well thought of infrastructures and unique features.KIADB has formed industrial areas in all the districts of the State. So far it has formed 148 small and big industrial areas spread over the State covering about 40,000 acres. In Bangalore industrial areas like Peenya, Dobaspet, Bidadi, Harohallli, Jigani, Bommasandra, Electronic City, EPIP-Whitefield, Doddaballapura, in Mysore,  Hebbal industrial area  spread over 3000 acres, in Mangalore Baikampady industrial area spread over 2700 acres, Belur industrial area in Dharwad on an extent of  2185  acres, Kanabargi & Honaga in Belgaum and Raichur Growth Centre etc  are the major industrial areas developed by KIADB. KIADB has also provided land to about 400 stand alone major industries (Single Unit Complexes). This apart, KIADB has envisaged several innovative projects like Agro -Tech Parks, Apparel Parks, Food Parks, Auto Parks, Hardware Park, Bio-Tech Park, EPIPs, Sector Specific SEZs, Growth Centers etc.