Site news

BBMP NEED TO EXEMPT TAX FOR STUDENT HOSTEL RUN BY “KARNATAKA RAJYA VISHWA KARMA SAMAJA”

Picture of System Administrator
BBMP NEED TO EXEMPT TAX FOR STUDENT HOSTEL RUN BY “KARNATAKA RAJYA VISHWA KARMA SAMAJA”
by System Administrator - Friday, 8 January 2016, 4:15 AM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bengaluru: BBMP need to exempt the property tax for student hostel under sub-clause (a) of clause (i) of section 110 of the KMC act 1976 run by not for profit and charitable organization "Karnataka Rajya Vishwa Karma Samaja”.I have asked BBMP PIO in the office of commissioner and joint commissioner to provide me information and reasons for not exempting Student hostel run by charitable institution "Karnatakastate Vishwakarma Samaja (Registered) No 376/1942 dated 14-03-1942 at No 3 Sirur Park Road Shshadripuram Bangalore -560020 under section 110 (h) (1) (a) of the Karnataka Municipal Corporations Act, 1976 which exempts student hostel which are not established or conducted for profit and it is run by not for profit charitable organization..This vishwa karma student hostel is built several decades earlier for poor students of viswakarma samaja students. Since several decades taxes were exempted and suddenly few officers are troubling for tax payment recently. BBMP is the "public authority "is under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d) RTI Act 2005 .BBMP seems do not learn from court orders in the case of in Karnataka High Court M/S.Gokula Education vs Bruhath Bangalore Mahanagara ... on 2 July, 2012 and CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF MANGALORE AND ANOTHER vs. KASTURBA MEDICAL COLLEGE reported in 2002 (3) Kar.LJ 145Karnataka high court has made several points clear to the corporations to act as per KMC Act 1976.We are reproducing HKHC order for the benefit of charitable and not for profit organizations BBMP should stop collecting taxes from student hostels run by not for profit and charitable organizations as per KMC Act 1976 and as per citations..