Site news

Transparency & Accountability Every day in Police Department Under 4(1) (a) (b) (c)(d) and 2(f) of RTI ACT

Picture of System Administrator
Transparency & Accountability Every day in Police Department Under 4(1) (a) (b) (c)(d) and 2(f) of RTI ACT
by System Administrator - Saturday, 18 April 2015, 6:48 PM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bangaluru: This is an opportunity to pay tribute to the lives of several police personnel who died on serving the nation when their children's were less than 18 years of age by providing job to their kith and kins as per amended rules 2002 under Notification No. DPAR 11 SCA 2001 Karnataka Government Secretariat ,Vidhana Soudha Bangalore, dated 28th May 2002 amendment to Section 5 Period includes both time limit and age limit in rule 5. Instead of adopting superseded 1996 rules which do not have provision according which you are rejecting several hundred applications pending with police department. It is pertinent to note that DGP CID Trg Spl Units & E/OCarlton House Palace Road Bangalore upheld my appeal under RTI and directed PIO to provide me information under section 4(I) (a) (b) (c) RTI Act under order dated 19-09-2014 . PIO under letter dated provided me information that "Police Department has no power to overrule the amended rules as per NotificationNo. DPAR 11 SCA 2001 Karnataka Government Secretariat, Vidhana Soudha Bangalore, dated 28th May 2002 " and wherefore Police Department has no power to overrule and issue endorsement dated 12-01-2015 and reject application ofMr Raja Hyder Sunagad S/O Late A.R.Sunagad Police InspectorCOD Bangalore in respect of Reconsideration of hisapplication for appointment on Compassionate GroundsofMr Raja Hyder Sunagad S/O Late A.R.SunagadPolice InspectorCOD Bangalore his application dated 09-01-2001 as 1996 rule 5 was amended to accommodateapplication forAppointment on Compassionate GroundsunderNotificationNo. DPAR 11 SCA 2001 Karnataka Government Secretariat ,Vidhana Soudha Bangalore, dated 28th May 2002 amendment to Section 5 Period includes both time limit and age limit in rule 5.