Site news

DC CARES TWO HOOTS TO KAT ORDER IN RESPECT OF SC/ST GRANTED LAND

Picture of System Administrator
DC CARES TWO HOOTS TO KAT ORDER IN RESPECT OF SC/ST GRANTED LAND
by System Administrator - Wednesday, 15 April 2015, 2:02 AM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bangaluru : Once the land is granted as per rules it cannot be withdrawn on whims and fancies of vested interests . Special Deputy commissioner Bangalore urban district cares two hoots to the order of KAT. The fact of the matter is that 15 SC/ST families were allotted land by Government as early as in 1979.With one pretext or the other the matter is dragged for years despite the matter is twice settled by KAT in favor of allottees .The allottees are poor and vested interests are standing in the way in taking possession of the land which legally belong to them .Therefore it is duty of Deputy commissioner Special Deputy commissioner Assistant commissioner and the officers down the line to ensure that they physically put to possession of lands .Since the government and KAT issued directions no compliance was made by Deputy commissioner Special Deputy commissioner Assistant commissioner and the officers down the line. Special Deputy commissioner has not taken any action on KAT order in 608/2005 and 798 to 811/2005 dated 17-08-2009 LND.CR(S) 69/97-98 which was remanded back to Special Deputy Commissioner Bangalore urban district for grant of land to ST/ST applicants and Saguvali chit holders In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka after fresh enquiry and demarcation of land by Special Deputy Commissioner Bangalore.Special Deputy commissioner has not taken any action for demarcating 119 acres of forest land In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka which was given to forest department as per order No G 4907/10/FT 154-4 dated 14-12-9135 which includes buffer zone on each side of land as no extra land can be claimed by forest department as buffer zone . (S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village extent is more than 243 acres).

I have askedSpecial Deputy commissioner to provide me the information and reasons Under section 4(1) (d) of RTI Act for not demarcating the land In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka for 102 acres which was granted to 18 persons and they are in possession and enjoyments .I have askedSpecial Deputy commissioner to provide me the information and reasons Under section 4(1) (d) of RTI Act for not demarcating the land In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka for 43 acres 24 guntas -3 acres 3 guntas utilized for road= 40 acresacres which was granted to Thimmaiah and 19 other persons and they have Saguvali chits and their names appear in RTC they are in possession and enjoyments . KAT orders in page 19 suggest that at least 2 acres or 3 acres can be given possession instead of 4 acres and totally denying the possession as per grant. I have askedSpecial Deputy commissioner to provide me the information and reasons Under section 4(1) (d) of RTI Act for not demarcating 119 acres of forest land In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka ( out of 221.24 acres on record but actually measures more than 240.15 acres) which was given to forest department as per order No G 4907/10/FT 154-4 dated 14-12-9135 which includes buffer zone on each side of land as no extra land can be claimed by forest department as buffer zone .I have askedSpecial Deputy commissioner to provide me the information and reasons Under section 4(1) (d) of RTI Act for not demarcating the land afteraccurate survey with modern technology and satellite survey In S.No 85 ofB.M Kaval Village Kengeri Hobli Bangalore South Taluka demarcating the boundary lines for each grantee..This information and reasons need to be provided to me as per Guide on RTIto Information Act 2005 published by the Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Personnel & Training (available here :http://rti.gov.in/RTICorner/Guideonrti.pdf) on page 12 and Para 9, following is stated: Providing Reasons for Decisions: The public authorities take various administrative and quasi-judicial decisions which affect the interests of certain persons. It is mandatory for the concerned public authority to provide reasons for such decisions to the affected persons. It may be done by using appropriate mode of communication .Attention is also invited towards the thread 'affected person ' under rti act.In fact, it can be said that "Affected" refers back to an action. The"Affected Persons" are the ones who are affected by that action. The reasons need to be given to affected person and copy of that can be given to me under 2 f of RTI Act. The UDD is THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d). The DC office is THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d). (Relevant documents are enclosed with this RTI Application for your perusal.

Very often in tracing of title, especially relating to agricultural land, we find that the land in question is a granted land. In this article an attempt is made to explain the meaning of the term and the conditions and restrictions attached to it. Generally, in Karnataka, land has been granted by the government to agriculturists under various enactments from time to time. The enactment prevailing as on date is the Karnataka Land Grant Rules, 1969.Under the rules, land may be granted by the government for agricultural purposes to any person who has attained the age of majority, with a gross annual income not exceeding Rs.8000 and who is a bona fide agriculturist cultivating the land personally or has a bona fide intention of taking up cultivation. Persons who own more than four hectares of garden or wetland or more than eight hectares of dry or rain-fed wetland are ineligible.These rules provide that at least 50 per cent of land shall be granted to persons belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes, 10 per cent for ex-servicemen and soldiers, five for backward tribes, 10 per cent for political sufferers and 25 per cent for others. Under the category of "others,” priority shall be given first to landless persons residing in the village in which the land is situated, then to persons holding an insufficient extent of land in the same village followed by landless persons residing in other villages in the same or adjacent taluk and thereafter to others.