Site news

PUBLIC “DEMAND” THAT “CUK ADOPT” UGC (CREDIT FRAMEWORK FOR ONLINE LEARNING COURSES THROUGH SWAYAM) REGULATION, 2016

Picture of System Administrator
PUBLIC “DEMAND” THAT “CUK ADOPT” UGC (CREDIT FRAMEWORK FOR ONLINE LEARNING COURSES THROUGH SWAYAM) REGULATION, 2016
by System Administrator - Monday, 19 February 2018, 11:49 PM

By: M.S.Yatnatti: Editor and Video Journalist Bangalore: I have asked PIO CUK to provide me the information and reasons under section 4(I) RTI Act for not adopting UGC (Credit Framework for Online Learning Courses through SWAYAM) Regulation, 2016 (https://swayam.gov.in/Home) for students of CUKand providing high quality 4 GWIFI in campus free of cost and providing free laptops to SC ST and EWS students in campus as The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitley while presenting the General Budget 2017-18 in Parliament reportedly said that the Government proposes to leverage information technology and launch SWAYAM Platform with at least 350 online courses. In his Budget Speech, the Finance Minister said this will enable students to virtually attend the courses taught by the best faculty; access high quality reading resources, participate in discussion forums; take tests and earn academic grades. Access to SWAYAM would be widened by linkage with DTH channels, dedicated to education. This information and reasons need to be provided to me as per Guide on RTIto Information Act 2005 published by the Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions Department of Personnel & Training (available here :http://rti.gov.in/RTICorner/Guideonrti.pdf) on page 12 and Para 9, following is stated: Providing Reasons for Decisions: The public authorities take various administrative and quasi-judicial decisions which affect the interests of certain persons. It is mandatory for the concerned public authority to provide reasons for such decisions to the affected persons. It may be done by using appropriate mode of communication .Attention is also invited towards the thread 'affected person ' under rti act.In fact, it can be said that "Affected" refers back to an action. The"Affected Persons" are the ones who are affected by that action. The reasons need to be given to affected person and copy of that can be given to me under 2 f of RTI Act. The CUKoffice is THE PUBLIC AUTHORITY under obligation to provide information "PUBLICLY” under section 4(1) (a) (b) (c) (d).